Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Atheists


Outspoken atheists make me cringe.  It's not so much that I'm a devout Christian, although I am a Christian.  For me, it's more a feeling of sorrow for those people who feel it useful in their lives to proclaim their atheist status.  It seems like they are taking a huge risk.  I suppose none of us on this side of the dirt will ever know for certain.

However, sometimes on this side of the dirt you might see some indications of the path ahead for some people.  Christopher Hitchens, 61, who has long been an intelligent writer, commentator, and outspoken atheist has now entered a battle that he may not survive.  Bill Maher, 54, appears to be in good health; however, I've seen him recently going into his own tirades against Christianity and religion.  Time will tell...sometimes the cop is not watching, but sometimes he is.


Adios

No comments: