Tuesday, October 02, 2012

R.O.T.C. Sponsors

 1961-62

I didn't participate in the R.O.T.C. classes, but did notice that the boys in those classes had a good eye for the attractive girls.  Sports precluded my participation and to tell the truth, my father's influence had tilted me against things military.  These were the last few years before Vietnam blew way up and engulfed so many of us.

One of the adult Army commanders assigned to EHHS had been assigned to Vietnam about 1961 and had suffered some obvious effects of the experience.  Any readers having some anecdotal stories about your experience in these early EHHS companies, please consider sharing your stories in the comments section.  I believe you may able to shed some light on what is for me, a murky pre-Vietnam period.

 
1962-63


 1963-64

1964-65

No comments: